The mission of the Mississippi Gastroenterology Society is to advance the medical treatment and scientific study of gastrointestinal disorders. We promote sharing of knowledge pertaining to Gastroenterology, Endoscopy and the practice of Gastroenterology to society members, GI nurses, and specialty technicians. We provide a forum for the presentation of timely clinical and scientific research pertaining to the practice of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy.
Our goals are:
- To provide continuing medical education to GI clinicians, fellows in training, and assistants through meetings, multimedia and web-based offerings;
- To represent the clinician in national and local health care policy issues to ensure that the best interests of patient care and clinical medicine are served;
- To provide a forum to discuss and promote cost-effective, efficient, patient centered practice management issues important to Mississippi gastroenterologists.
- Members are encouraged to be advocates of clinical research in gastrointestinal disorders.
- Our members are pleased to be a source of information for patients in Mississippi with gastrointestinal disorders.